Sunday, August 3, 2014

My First Challenge at The Studio!

Hi everyone! Today is my first official reveal as a member of the design team over at The Studio! I was super duper excited when I saw the first challenge because I knew it would be a breeze for me: buttons! I've spoken in the past about my addiction to patterned paper. Now I guess I will confess that I also have a slight button problem. I just love buttons! I can hardly pass them up when I see them somewhere. Now, on to my layout:

I decided to be all sneaky-like and use pink on this layout because I never get to use pink. My son has serious objections when he sees his photo on a layout that involves pink. I'll just have to slide this one in the album and hope he doesn't notice. 

This photo was taken on our trip to DC in June. I got a pretty clear shot of the Lincoln Memorial, but the massive crowd meant there was zero chance of getting a good shot of Caleb standing next to it. I took a picture of him by the wall outside the memorial and stuck it under Abe. Worked like a charm.

I used buttons on this layout as centers for my geometric-ish-half-circle-ish-triangle-thingies. I was tickled with the way it turned out. I adore these papers from Bella Blvd. They have went unused for far too long. 

I'm going to be taking part in a blog hop next week, so be sure you stop by on August 11! There will be some REALLY awesome prizes involved! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. I really love your pie-chart halves! So cute! I'm excited to be designing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, such lovely bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sindi! Really love all those bright, happy patterns, and those little, divided half-circles are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunny tone to your layout. LO is great.

    ReplyDelete