Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Second Scraps of Darkness Layout for March

Hi everyone! I'm just stopping by to share my second layout with the March kit from Scraps of Darkness.

This layout is very different from my first one. My first layout was a heritage page, and these papers are perfect for heritage scrapping. I discovered today that they are also perfect for scrapping a random photo of me and my little guy! Please ignore our squinty eyes! The sun was very bright that day.



I love the look of pie charts on my pages. They are super easy to create and they wind up looking like they took forever. I created these by drawing circles on my page, sectioning them off into "slices" like a pizza, and then cutting some of those slices out. I then backed the open spots with scraps of patterned paper from the kit. It's a great way to use up leftover small pieces. I also added some more pieces of the paper on top of the pie charts to add some dimension. Next, I added some of the chipboard pieces and brads to the centers.


Oh navy and yellow! Have I told you lately that I love you? lol. I painted a bit with a bright yellow on my pie charts. I can foresee a lot of navy and yellow in my future! I tore some of the patterned paper to create a border on top of my layout, and also did a bit of splattering with the yellow paint, because too much white space bugs me. I just love the combination of bright, happy yellow with the antique-ish papers. Modern meets antique is pretty awesome.

Thanks for stopping by! :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the navy and yellow, the pie charts and your ripped paper!! Gorgeous page!!!

    ReplyDelete