Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fly Away

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing my first project with the April Scraps of Darkness kit. This kit is just so lovely!
This photo has been stuffed in a drawer for years. I had forgotten it existed! Lately, though, I've been hunting for old photos to scrap because my baby boy is now sporting a mustache and thinks he's too cool to be in front of my camera. I am getting very few photos of him lately!

I used some strips of the patterned paper from the kit to create a base for my photo to sit on. But first, I created the background for the page using some gesso and the teal powder from the kit. I covered part of the page in gesso, and added some drops of water after the gesso had dried. I then dropped my paint/powder on there and swirled it around with my paintbrush. When that was dry, I used the stencil to create the cool/scratchy looking surface on top of the paint. Love the way that turned out!

I used some of the embellies and twine to layer behind my butterflies. I adore these butterflies! They are cute a pretty, but the colors make them still manly enough to use on a boy page.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment