Monday, June 15, 2015

The June SOD Kit Has Arrived! Yay!

I have been anxiously awaiting this little baby! And I'm doubly excited because it's named after lil 'ol me! Squeal! Here's the kit:


Isn't it just gorgeous?!?!?!? Melinda must have really put a lot of thought into this one, because it is so ME! I don't think I have stopped smiling since it got here. I tore into it the other day and already finished two layouts. Here's the first one:


I have been loving scrapping my childhood photos. This kit fits that topic perfectly! I used the patterned paper to make these cool circles.


 I cut out a bunch of circles in varying sizes. Then, I cut them evenly in half. I put the halves together to make colorful circles. The buttons from the kit worked perfectly as center pieces. I also scattered some of the butterflies and jewels around the page.

This next layout is my new favorite. I think I say that almost any time I make a layout, though. Ha!

This layout is centered around a selfie I took of my big giant kid and myself at a baseball game last weekend. ((Go Reds!)) When I looked at the photo, I thought (as I do quite often lately) about how grown up my son is all of a sudden. He's going into SEVENTH grade next year. SEVENTH people! How on earth did that happen? Anyway, my next thought was "Wow. I have an almost-thirteen-year-old. I'm an old lady!"

I used the pink watercolor from the kit along with some yellow paint I had lying around to make this background. I love the pink watercolor. It spreads so beautifully on the page. I cut out some small circles from the patterned paper. I folded them several times to make them more dimensional before attaching them randomly around the page.


I also added some glitter to the chipboard pieces. I love the gold/pink combination! I topped it off with a few splatters of black ink because that's just how I roll lately.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment