Monday, May 28, 2018

Mad for Monochromatic

Hi everyone! I'm here today with a layout for the Mad for Monochromatic challenge. As soon as I saw the title of the challenge, I knew the exact photo I wanted to use and the colors I'd put with it. I have had this photo of my baby boy in my scraproom for ages. I used it forever ago on a layout, but I was never happy with it. I just couldn't seem to do it justice. This challenge gave me the push I needed to figure it out. Here's my layout: 



My son has the bluest eyes I've ever seen! I loved the idea of going monochromatic for this photo. I had to toss a smidge of something else in there, though, so I used some gold letter stickers. 


I started this layout by painting the background with some gelatos. I did this a bit haphazardly; precision is not my friend when it comes to painting! I then lightly traced a circle and made some holes so that I could add some thread. If you've seen my layouts before, you know I have a bit of a thing for arrows. It's actually a challenge for me not to use them on a layout. I decided to dig through my bucket of scraps and dig out all the blue I could find. I then used them to cut arrows and arranged them around my stitched circle. This one came together fairly quickly. 

If you are ready to grab some amazing paper goodies, hop on over to the shop and use my code for 20% off! I also hope you'll share your creations in our Facebook group






No comments:

Post a Comment