Tuesday, January 15, 2019

You've Got the Motion

Hi, everybody! I'm just stopping by today to share my layout for the "You've Got the Motion" challenge. I was intrigued by this one, and I immediately knew just which photo I wanted to use.

Years ago, I snapped a picture of my boy running amok outside. It was blurry and weird, but I liked it for some reason. When I saw this challenge, I knew I wanted to use this photo, but how? I also wanted to create motion on my page to match the photo. I finally decided that a combination of rolling "hills" of white cardstock set against fringes created from patterned paper might just do the trick. I used this absolutely gorgeous striped paper from Paige Evans' Whimsical collection:


People, would you just look at it? Seriously, I adore that paper. Anyway, here's what I came up with:


Leaving them slightly connected, I cut each stripe apart, creating a bit of a fringe. I fluffed the fringes to create depth and folded a few of them down. I added the white cardstock and decorated with hand cut clouds and hearts, which I painted. I was happy with the way this one turned out. 


Don’t forget to join in the fun in the Paper Issues facebook group! And, of course, when you're shopping in the store, don’t forget to use my discount code for 20% off!



No comments:

Post a Comment