Saturday, April 6, 2019

Keep it Sketchy

Hi everybody. I'm just stopping by to share my take on this month's sketch. I'm going to be totally honest and admit for the thousandth time that I struggle with sketches- big time! I always love the sketch and get all inspired, but my layout winds up looking nothing at all like the original sketch. This causes me anxiety. LOL! I always worry that the sketch creator is going to think I broke their beautiful sketch. Speaking of beautiful sketches, check out this one:


Is it not just gorgeous?!?!?!? That's precisely why I was intimidated, but I put on my big girl britchees and took a stab at it. Here goes nothing: 


As you can tell, I flipped the sketch on its side. The umbrellas made me think of rain, and I wanted to mimic the look of water/rain/watercolors on the top border. I then decided to go all out and add that GORGEOUS heart paper from Vicki Boutin. That paper! I mean, would you just look at it? It pained me to cut into it, but I think I bought enough to last me a while, so we're good.


I hope you'll play along with the sketch challenge! Don’t forget to join in the fun in the Paper Issues facebook group! And, of course, when you're shopping in the store, don’t forget to use my discount code for 20% off!




No comments:

Post a Comment