Thursday, July 24, 2014

Say Cheese!

I decided to play along with Paper Issues again. The current issue is "Say Cheese". It made me think of my son telling cheesy jokes and acting like a goober in general. I found this old photo of him with a 'stache. And I don't want to think about the fact that he's almost old enough to grow one of his own now... waaaahhh! Here's my layout:

And a close up: 

So I had this weird idea that I wanted to do a bar graph on a page. I've been seeing pie charts everywhere so I officially declared bar graphs fair game. I wanted the bars to have a 3d effect so I just doodled around my paper squares. That doodling led to more doodling and this page was born. Then I thought "Hey! What if the whole stinkin' page was a 3d cube?" And that's when I embarked on a journey that took a half hour and wasted more paper than I care to admit. I had originally cut the background paper and was trying to make it look like a cube by gluing other paper around it. I finally wound up putting it back on a piece of 12 X12 white card stock and drawing in the 3d details. Then I cut the corners to make it look more realistic. And then I discovered that it's super hard to get a good photo with cropped corners. Hence, my deck is showing in the corners. Oh well. I know it's not the typical scrappy look, but I dig it. :)

Thanks for stopping by. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun page with all of the color and layered banners! Love the bar graph too. So creative!

    ReplyDelete