Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Just For Fun Layouts

Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop by and share a couple of layouts I created just for the fun of it. It's been a while since I did a layout that wasn't design team work or for a challenge.

I was inspired to play with paint after pinning approximately 1,423 layouts by Wilna F. My expiramentation resulted in the first layout without patterned paper that I've ever created. This is not a good thing, because I am a patterned paper hoarder and I'll never use it all if this becomes a habit!

Here are my layouts:



The first one was created by simply watering down some acrylic paint since I didn't have watercolors handy. I splotched it with a little water after doing some willy-nilly brush strokes with each color.

The second layout was a mess, start to finish. It was one of those pages that was started and stopped several times. I had a large geometric circle in mind and I tried to construct it with pp. I intended for it to be bigger, but finally gave up on that idea and decided to use the small geometric-ish-circle-thingy (I totally just made that a word, you're welcome), as a smaller piece and paint around it. I am very happy with the way it turned out, just wish it hadn't given me a headache in the process! :) 

Thanks for stopping by! 




3 comments:

  1. Love the second layout - great job working through it - turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layouts! That technique on the second one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts and fun backgrounds. I have been scrapbooking for years and always forget how great it can be to just start with a white background and build it from there :)

    ReplyDelete