Saturday, October 28, 2017

Another CSI Layout

I can't decide how happy I am to have time for scrapbooking again! I've missed it so much! The other day, I decided to set a goal for myself of scrapping a little more about me. In the past, 99.9% of my pages have been focused on my son. And, why not? He is my baby and I love documenting his life. It occurred to me that, someday, it might be important for him to remember who I am, instead of just who he is. I know I would love to have something that documented the lives and personalities of my loved ones who aren't with me anymore.

The problem with this whole epiphany is that I absolutely HATE having my picture made. I detest it. It's really that simple. I don't feel like I'm photogenic, and I am rarely happy with any picture that's taken of me. We had a sweet friend of my come to take our family photos last week, and she talked me into doing one of just me. I'm excited to see it, because I know how talented she is and, I can't help but think maybe this time I'll actually be happy with it. Lol!

Anyway, I got around the photo issue by using a photo of something that I love doing: baking. I decided to play along with another challenge at CSI. Here's the case file:





















I love this file. I rarely use pink, because it just doesn't lend itself to layouts about my son. So this was the perfect opportunity to scrap about myself. I adore pink and all things girly. Here's my layout:

























From the evidence list, I used polka dots, stars, and something dangling. I suppose I used a cupcake too, if the photo counts. From the evidence list, I used the word "sweet" as my inspiration.

I also did this layout for a challenge at scrapbook.com. This one is a layout of my sweet little boy. Am I the only one who had a five year old one day and woke up to a teenager the next? How does that happen exactly?




















Thank you so much for stopping by! 

5 comments:

  1. I love your style!! Thank you for playing detective along with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout and yes, it is important to scrap about yourself. You take a lovely photo, by what I see on the side bar of your blog. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you; I HATE having my picture taken. There are very few pictures of me out there, and that's how I intend to keep it. So, I understand how you feel.
    You totally nailed the "sweet" theme with your baking layout. The overall design is really nice. The little girl is so cute. It makes me smile. Love the large polka dots and your take on the dangling evidence. Great job solving the CSI case file.

    The second layout is also really nice. I love the colourful stars across the page. Nice use of clouds as embellishments. I can see why you would think your son is handsome, because he sure is. Love your handwriting. TFS. ♦

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bold polka dots look amazing, congratulations on doing a page about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a SWEET page, Sindi! Love the dangling stars and that cute little paper doll! So happy to have you playing with us again!

    ReplyDelete