Saturday, October 21, 2017

I'm Baaaack!

In my last blog post, many moons ago, I mentioned that I was taking a scrappy break to devote my time to pursing a doctorate degree. I'm proud to say I finally finished, and I finally have scrappy time again! This is my first official page after all that time, and I just love it. I used to love playing along with the challenges at CSI, so I decided to turn to them for inspiration. Here's the case file:



and here's what I came up with:

From the evidence list, I used a solid background, string, circles, and wood. From the testimony list, I used hand journaling and a summer picture. 

Yay, for scrappines once again! 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back ☺. How nice that you chose the CSI challenge to jump back into action.
    What a neat take on the challenge. I really like how you've contained the title letters and your journaling inside that circle. You have beautiful handwriting. The black & white photos have a vintage feel to them, but then, the paint spatters are very "now". Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! How effective just using splashes of colour!TFS at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Sindi! So happy to have you playing with us again! Congrats on your degree! What a cool layout. Love that title work, with your gorgeous handwriting underneath. Wonderful photos. Hope to see you playing with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title play and that handwritten journaling! Lovely page! Thank you for playing detective along with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I remember the first layout I did after taking time out for study, and it was no where near as good as this. I love your layout. Well done on your studies too. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete