Sunday, October 21, 2018

Scraplift Sunday!

Hi everybody! I am so excited about this scraplift! Full disclosure: I am usually the last person you want using a sketch or doing a scraplift. I always start off okay, but wind up going off the rails somewhere along the way. My end product never seems to resemble the sketch or layout I started with, and I worry about offending the original creator. For once, I feel really good about this one! Here's the inspiration layout:



Can we all just take a minute and appreciate how stinkin' cool all Lisa's layouts are? She has this talent for making her pages look like she just flung things hither and yon, but it winds up looking like a work of art. A-ma-zing!

Although her style is very different from mine, I always appreciate the "bones" of Lisa's layouts. In this one, I wanted to recreate the basic structure of her page while giving it my own twist. Here's what I wound up with:



I really love this one! Instead of a large rectangle to anchor the back of the layout, I created a rectangle with my paint and stitching. I just built on from there. The patterned paper is from the Lil' Dude collection by Simple Stories.



Don’t forget to join in the fun in the Paper Issues facebook group! And, of course, when you're shopping in the store, don’t forget to use my discount code for 20% off!


No comments:

Post a Comment